Monday, August 10, 2009

Happy Birthday dear Blooooog....that sounds like "bloog"...Blaaaahg....

So, once upon a time I heard that it was beneficial to have puppies and kitties around, that owners were more calm, less prone to depression and anxiety. I believe it. Right now I'm sitting on my Aunt's couch, watching Marie Osmond say, "this isn't your mother's Nutrisystem..." next to a sleeping miniature fluffy wiener dog (I don't know breeds or pedigrees, the only categories I understand are cute, smelly or slobbery...I'm with cute) after having a good night's sleep next to my little flame point Siamese, Scarlet who has been in my family for about 10 years now. Maybe its the vibrations of the purring that calms the soul...


It's been over a year now since I first started this blog and I only really wrote in it for the first 3 months I had it...then I met Nelson. Nine months later after a new job and moving half a dozen times I am haggard, thin (this isn't necessarily a bad thing...), and depressed as hell. I would have DIED if I had lived much longer in that lifestyle. It wasn't even rocker-chick-I-do-coke lifestyle, I was a retail manager! I'm finally taking a 2 week break (turning into a 4 week cool down thanks to leaving work 2 weeks earlier than expected) and its the first time I haven't felt major pressure to produce in about 6 years. I just get to decompress. Honestly I wish I had like Yoga or meditation to help me in this journey, but I think reruns of What Not to Wear, pesto, new school wardrobe and small animals (sorry Dover) may actually yield similar results.
I've decided to document the next two weeks, which would be totally boring except that I'll be filling in the last 9 months of my hiatus by documenting processed feelings and thoughts of my year of hell. BTW, it'd better be over, if I continue any of this in Memphis...

I started this morning with Tin Roof Sunday. I only missed the ice cream's saint day by one so I hope the gods will forgive me. Last night after I finally rolled up to my Aunt Sneebie's and had tried to fall asleep for an hour, I snuck down to the fridge (cupboard was too risky having to turn on the light and all) proceeded to raid, only finding some tortillas that would quell my hunger, took them out and despite all my stealthy efforts, knocked the jar of hot fudge on the wood floor with a SMACK! There was no mention of it this morning so I'm hoping everyone's being polite as to my midnight bingey.

Ha! Stacey London and Clinton Kelley are transforming a theatre person and she just complained about feeling tired and vulnerable. I think that word, vulnerable, is the quintessential words for theatre people. I use it at least once a day, like a multivitamin. I'm sure other people feel vulnerable from time to time, but they rarely describe themselves as such. Have you ever heard an accountant say, "yeah, I was feeling a bit vulnerable today at work"?...I like being a theatre person with the rights to that state of being. So anyway, I'm feeling a bit vulnerable today...

But I had some tasty Chef Boyardee ravioli!!!!! I probably should have gone with the wild rice and chicken soup selection, but I was craving pasta...if you can really call Chef Boyardee pasta. Sailor (mini wiener dog) enjoys the refined taste of paper towel that I blew my nose on and left where he could snatch it. Its my fault, I wouldn't give him a ravioli which he begged for before moving on to the paper-made snack. Wow, nobody cares about what I'm saying right now. Well, I suppose I should bring on the drama...

Eh, next blog. Enjoy the tranquility now folks, cause from here on out there's going to be drama vomit!

No comments: