Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I am not the only person in the Universe...

But dammit, I should be. I have to laugh to keep from crying. Why do people even blog? It's like, people want to know about your life, and I suppose every once in awhile a humorous event does happen, but why blog if you can't share the details of your life? Its probably because I don't have kids to brag or talk about, or even a husband to poke fun at. When you're a single blogger its rough, you're vulnerable (like an artist). You have to change names to protect the innocent, gloss over shocking personal thoughts, and hope your crush hasn't found how to access your website/shrine to him...Yeah, its rough.
Sure we could all write in our journals, but what I think is that we crave the attention from the universe. Writing a semi-personal blog is a way to say, "hello world, I have something interesting to say and (even if it isn't) you're going to ponder on it, laugh about it and comment on my blog so that I can feel I've made something of myself, cause hey, everyone can see I have friends who want to comment on my life."
Oh, I want to say so much more in a blog! I want to tell most people about some things, but I know that it might hurt other important people in my life. I want to divulge deep secrets so that I can be comforted and assured that I'm not a bad person and that many people actually think the same things, so you're not alone! I want a indelible witness to my life so that it actually might matter! In short, I would like to make a husband out of my blog. Of course there are obvious limitations to this idea which prompts me to return to the pursuit of a living, breathing spouse, but hey, a temporary companion ain't so bad...makes the title of my blog even more fitting :)
And pictures. I am surprisingly not a picture-taker by nature. Knowing that the next awkwardly-angled, double-chin revealing pic is on its way to any film processing center is not my cup of tea, so I naturally steer clear of the sport. But I think that I would like to try something new. This idea of adding visual interest to a blog with a stock photo is quite pleasing unto me. Who likes to read words? I mean, come on guys, if the Berenstain Bears had been a brief, illustrationless novel, would we have even picked it up? Would our creative minds have even evolved without those stimulating, brightly-colored pictures of unrealistically-clothed forest bears?? This is no wonder my blog hasn't taken off. Blogs are not appropriate without pictures, so here, i stop this madness and surrender to the sweet, sweet artistic stylings of stock photos....
Next time, stories of my endearing blog trying to teach our feisty 5-year-old how to play teeball...there will be crotch hits!!

1 comment:

Ranteumptom said...

I suggest you date Amish men. You don't have to worry about them reading your blog. You don't even need to change their names since they'll never see it. And I hear they're great at teeball.