Saturday, October 4, 2008

Junkies of Pain

I think that everyone has a finite amount of pain that they need to experience in this life that refines them enough to be perfect. Lest those of you scoff and point your fingers at those who cause unneeded suffering, is there such thing as unneeded suffering? Who's to say that one person's suffering isn't someone elses gain....er....I mean, like their experience can be a lesson to avoid such sorrow or a comfort to remind them that they are not alone. Perhaps all suffering is needed. The bitter with the sweet? Of course we all are able to make our own choices and I'm not saying that we are predestined to be miserable. But I think back on things that I've been through which others could consider unneccesary and I'm ok with it. Of course that may be because I have a gospel-like perspective (I don't claim to know anything concrete about the gospel...its a slippery little fellow) and I know that if I did something unknowing hurtful to someone and have a contrite heart and spirit, constantly repenting into a cooler awesomer being, I won't have to stand accountable for those mistakes.

but there must be a point when we finish suffering like we do as mortals and we become blinked in the eye...or changed in a blink. Blinkling of the eye? Changed in the twinkling of an eye, that's it!

No comments: