Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Reconnecting and Refinancing

Finally got paid today after a two week suspension of the use of my debit card. Don't think that stopped me from utilizing my newly acquired GAP card though...I'm taking some stuff back, good-bye red converse. Things that I paid for that were weighing on my mind: car insurance, bed-guy, closing the loan for my car (only three more years to pay off my grandparents!!), my gym pass (a steal at $19 bucks a month @ 24-hour fitness) and my cell phone bill. I also hit up the employee store at Nuskin to spend my 250 pts on product. I got some cool pale pink lipstick a la 1960s and some AC shakes and some lifepak nano since it was buy one get one free. I feel a paragraph dedicated to fish burps coming on...

So, I feel sad that Nano comes with Marine Omega, the fish oil gel capsule. It's the most disgusting thing in the world, unless of course you eat Long John Silver's that day. All day Wednesday I was burping a icky shrimpy taste. The occurence led me to wonder if I really burped that much everyday or if it was the fish gels that unleashed their hideous wonder on my gastric system. Gross. It did taste though as if I had had a substantial meal that day other than cereal. I wonder if Willy Wonka knows that Nuskin has modified his gum-meal gum into gel-meal gel. Maybe I should slip my uneaten fish pills onto his desk and I'll win the whole factory....what do you think nuskin would have instead of a chocolate fountain/river?

I thought I was done with the fish pill topic, but I had to share the story about how Heather's mother inadvertently smeared a marine omega all over her face and clothing after choking on the thing, biting into it and thinking that she had swallowed the treacherous med. Apparently she walked around with an orange-y substance on her person until her husband pointed it out. I have a feeling she looked like some kind of crazy lady with orange oil dripping haphazardly from her lips, her little pointed teeth gleaming with pleasure from her last kill....I almost wet my pants when she told me the story.

I am willing to donate all my fish oils to anyone who wants them.

So i think i covered the refinancing part of this blog and now I'm going to talk about reconnecting. I'll start from today and move backwards. I called my grandma and talked to her. She is one of the most generous women I've ever known. I know that part of that is from a stand-point of being her grandchild, but really she is just really really giving. She has certain expectations for her generosity, but in the best way possible so as to not let people take advantage of her. It's a good balance and one I admired in my mother before her passing. I think I want to be like that.

No comments: