Friday, August 1, 2008

"How am I supposed to live without you?"

Don't know who this "you" is yet, but Heather my good friend informed me that "you" is nobody I know as yet. Question of the day: does infatuation have a negative connotation? Heather and Shana at work think that it doesn't, but they fully admit to never having been infatuated. Anyways on to more important news of the family...

Today I got locked into my own house. Yes you heard me right, locked IN. I dead-bolted my door this morning after I realized that I had forgotten to lock it before going to bed last night. Afraid that someone might come a burgling in the middle of my morning pilates routine in my jammas I decided this was a safe way to go. On my way to purchase fuschia thread and zipper for a 50s jumper that I'm making I discovered that what I had done to the dead-bolt could not be undone. Try and try as I might it would not budge. The next logical solution would to be to try with the key from the outside. So, I climbed on a kitchen chair and thrust myself out the kitchen window in my skirt and everything. No luck. I decided right then and there that if I had to climb in and out of my kitchen window for the rest of the summer, then so be it. I was going to surrender myself to the karma that has been plaguing my life for the last 25 years and has culminated into one of the worst weeks of my life.

I know not making to the next level on American Idol shouldn't have gotten me that down, and maybe I shouldn't have been so upset that my brother and sister-in-law decided to move two weeks early leaving me no time to play with Louise and Baby, AND I should have just accepted the fact a certain person that I had been interested in for a long time is not husband material. There's nothing like losing hope one little moment of life at a time. Patience and losing all expectation are the themes of my life so I shouldn't be surprised when I get locked into my apartment. What I learned today: Just because you replace an old sticky lock with a new shiny one doesn't mean you won't get screwed.

1 comment:

tuesday said...

Becca . . . I've been lovin' you so long . . . and I am in love with your blog. I hope you post often! I love your little stories and funny things . . . keep writing!

Love, Jennifer